Monday, March 28, 2011

My Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...
We have been sick.  We meaning me and poor dear Big Daddy.  The two of us were quite a sight to see on Tuesday afternoon, huddled in bed....looking pitiful, praying for it all to go away....

The germs did go back from whence they came, and we have muddled through the rest of the week.  My head cold has migrated a bit south, and is settling in my chest...  But with rest and lots of tea, the germs shall soon receive an eviction notice.

In our homeschool this week...
Very little was accomplished.  That tends to happen when the teacher is out sick.


Places we're going and people we're seeing...
More of the same.....  Softball, driving class, lather, rinse, repeat.........

Tayler does have an away game in Sunnyside this week, so at least someone will be leaving Kennewick.

I think the  big kids are supposed to help make a video for some one's school project on Saturday. That ought to be fun.


My favorite thing this week was...
The way our oldest son stepped up on Tuesday.  His sister had an away game and was gone....  that left him with two little boys, and two parents who were doing their level best to avoid death.  He cleaned up the kitchen, folded laundry, made lunch, AND barbecued dinner for the three of them that were still standing.
He's a good  great kid.

What's working/not working for us...
Being sick was not working for us.  Everything else seems to be holding it's own.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
I would like to know the things that you struggle with?  I am sure we struggle with some similar issues.  Is it burnout?  Is it selecting curriculum?  Is it scheduling? 


A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

"Who are we to love?  Our neighbor?  That translates to the person that is right next to us.  Our husbands, our children.  As saved people, Christ lives IN them.....  Do my actions and attitudes reflect my love for my Savior?  ............ The way you treat those who are next to you.........  is the way you treat the Lord." 
~ Karla D.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal 
Don't forget to share your journey at  The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...