Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Homeschool Mother's Journal

I want to add a more personal touch to my "SKOOL" blog.... :)

It is starting to be more work and less ME....  and still want people to see our family when they stop here.

I thought I would take the time to participate in a new-to-me link up post called The Homeschool Mother's Journal.  You can read more about how to join here.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...
I have been a bit overwhelmed by the go-go-go of life.  As spring begins to unfold, the cocoon of slower paced days that Fall and Winter bring begin to vanish. It seems as though, all of the sudden, we have millions of things to do..... and that translates to my butt being glued to the drivers seat of my truck.  (not my favorite place!) 
Jeremiah officially turned 4.  He has been telling us since Christmas that he is 4, but now it is official.  We ate chocolate brownies, and ice cream.  He picked out every piece of cookie dough in his ice cream....  he didn't wike dohz. 
I tan't beweeve you duys are singing to me.  I wike dat sone.

In our homeschool this week...
We have begun Drivers Ed for the 17 year old.  His first real paid class will be Monday the 14th... Day one was practice in the big scary suburban in a parking lot, to get a feel for it.  The next outing, he took me to the store.  On the road.  With cars.  Going the speed limit. (mostly).   His little sister was in the backseat cheering on every great turn that he made.  Me...??  I survived, and only had to help him steer once.

Evan and Tayler are doing well in their High School studies.  This week in particular we watched To Kill a Mockingbird.  It is a week long study that we received from Zeezok Publishing  as part of the TOS Review Crew.  It has been a nice change of pace for them in English... and that is all I am going to say for now... you will have to wait for the review next month!

Hunter is improving in his reading everyday.  He is really enjoying his Botany study for science, and spent a good deal of time drawing and writing about all the pollinators that he has been studying.

Jeremiah, is coming along in his letter recognition.  He loves to do "Stool" as he calls it.  He has lots of fun working on Kinderbach, and Kabongo (two items that we are also reviewing.)


Places we're going and people we're seeing...
I am feeling the need for a get away weekend up to Spokane soon.  I have no idea how we will pay for it, but we will just save and get there when we get there.  My sister just bought a newer more reliable car and she is "threatening" to drive up here  for a visit.  That would be lovely...  Auntie Maymee is always a big hit with all the kids (and us adults too!)

My favorite thing this week was...
What  Evan said to me last night.....
Me: " Hey Ev?  Wanna drive me to the store?"
Evan: " Yeah Mom, hang on, I need to go fix my hair."

YOUR WHAT?  you need good hair to drive??  oy vey. 


What's working/not working for us...
Most everything is gellin'.  We have instituted a calendar where the High School kids write all their completed work each day.  It has really, really , really, really.... helped with accountability, reduced nagging, and involved DAD in what is or isn't being done each day...

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
Do people really actually ever finish a whole year of reading on Ambleside Online?  Just wondering, we never seem to get everything read

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

the Principal.....


1 comment:

  1. Handsome Principal!
    I love the idea of the high schooler writing out what they did for the day. Think I will implement it for our teen as well. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...