Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

I must admit, I am no longer a night owl.  My batteries give out around 8 pm.... and I usually slog around the house puttering slowly till bed time around 11 or 12, depending on when Big Daddy goes to bed. 
Last night was a Lunar Eclipse, and as much as I would have liked to see it,  I was watching TV and made the mistake of crawling under the covers to stay warm....  and passed clean out, fully dressed, in all my clothes.....  oooppppsss :)

So I missed it.  I do remember Evan coming in and saying, "Mom? there is a Lunar Eclipse tonight."  To which I replied, " Yup, I know."  He just stood there waiting, as if by some sort of mind meld I was supposed to hear him ask without words for permission to stay up and see it.  I heard is non-word asking and replied, " I don't care if you stay up to see it."  He walked triumphantly out of the room to bundle up and go moon gazing.

This morning my husband told me that he saw it also.  He and Tayler were out at a late night Wally World run, so that she could purchase some stocking gifts for people.  They watched for a while from the parking lot, and through the misty veil of clouds.

I suppose it is a success when 50% of the family was able to view it.  It was just me and the little boys that were snoring through all the excitement.

In case you missed it.  Here is a neat video of it over Florida.

Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse from William Castleman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...