Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February's Character Qualities

The Character Qualities we will be working on this month are:

Initiative not Unresponsiveness
Recognizing and doing what needs to be done before I am asked to do it.  (anyone else out there ever want that to happen in their house?)
Romans 12:21~ "do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

Responsibility not Unreliability
Knowing and doing what both God and others are expecting me to do. (can I get an Amen?!!?)
Romans 14:12~ "So then each of us shall give account of himself to God."

As time has gone on, I have found that placing the definitions onto index cards has been helpful.  We go over each new card, and the ones that we have worked on previously, every day. The trait, definition and verse are read.  We then take the time to go child by child and ask them to tell us a time in the last 24 hours that they have exhibited the Character quality that is up for discussion.  If they can't remember, I offer up when I saw them exhibit that trait.  The positive feedback has been the biggest benefit for us all.  We are looking for the good in each other to brag about the next day.


I think that I am going to devise some games to help with the concept of Initiative.  Responsibility we can encourage with our chores, and other activities.

Hopefully working on these Character Traits will begin to lessen the stepping over of someones shoe in the living room because it isn't "mine", and the waiting until 10 pm to start washing the dinner dishes.... yes it happens to me too......sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...