Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Homeschool Mothers Journal 5.10.11


weeelllllll  once again I missed the link up for this one.... but I did have a productive weekend...  that has to count for something....

In my life this week…

I have been all about the garden.  I have been eating, sleeping, drinking....  slaving in the garden!  I count it all joy for the nummy-ness it will produce.  Now, if it will stop being so stinkin' cold and let my vegetation grow....  I would be a happy girl.


In our homeschool this week…

I made some great flashcards for Hunter to help with spelling.  The big kids took a test to see if they would qualify to enter a program called Running Start, where high school kids can attend college for two years and receive their AA concurrently with their Diploma.  One passed.... one did not.  The did not child seriously missed by what must have been just a few questions.  The fall semester doesn't start till the end of September.  We are evaluating if we want to just CLEP some classes next year, or study and try again for entrance to the community college.  I have no doubt they are intelligent enough to do the work required in college....  I just think someone froze on the test :)

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Saturday was the start of the Farmers Market.  While we were there we ran into my husband's cousin (whom I had never met) she and her husband were with our nieces and nephew.  That was a fun a pleasant surprise.  Then my hubby, ran into an old co-worker and chatted with him for a bit.  He was Mr Popular for the morning. 

Then there was the car wash to help support the Young Marines....  they washed the truck very nicely. 

Today is the Car Race and Awards to finish out Master Clubs....  everyone was up until 1 am working on their derby cars last night.....  well, everyone but me and Jeremiah.  We were the smart ones.  We were in bed.

My favorite thing this week was…

Meeting another member of my husband's family.  They are not a close and chatty family.  Everyone tends to leave the other members alone.  It was nice to meet a new member and hear that she was looking to move closer.


What’s working/not working for us…

the nicer weather is not working at all.  I swear to you, I can not keep that Hunter-boy indoors for longer than two seconds.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…

Can I duct tape him to the chair and get away with it?   LOL!


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


Kinda hungry for this right now...............





Join Sue on Friday's and link up to HSMJ @ The Homeschool Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...